Monday, July 20, 2015

Healthy food option at the mall food court

Eating away from home is challenging when you try to eat clean.

While food courts are loaded  with places serving fast food, there also places for healthier
options. Not all the food in the food court is as bad as we often think it is.

T
o survive the mall food court I check out all the food offerings and choose the healthiest options.


I am happy to share that I avoided high-calorie, unhealthy food court temptations and found two healthy options for eating at the mall I go to frequently. This food is consistent with the Eat Like Me approach and expands the variety of food I eat. On the left are delicious veggie fries. Spinach salad with grilled chicken on the right. Will take a picture of the second option soon.

9 comments:

  1. You have to pick and choose carefully because there are not a lot of great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a regular mall goer but for those of you who are, the best foods found at these places are chicken, vegetables, and white rice. Salads are okay but you have to pay attention to dressing. I once got a salad that was 130 calories but the dressing alone was 400!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the veggie fries idea. What restaurant did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god for this post! This is one of the biggest hurtles I face when trying to eat healthy. I go to the mall and all bets are off because it seems like there is nothing to eat that is truly healthy. I will for sure keep this post in mind come my next trip to the mall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very important! Food courts are a mine field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I believe they are. Will ask this question next tome I eat there.

      Delete
  7. Ordering a piece of fish or a grilled chicken breast is always a safe, healthy choice.

    ReplyDelete