Saturday, November 3, 2012

While staying home and sitting through Hurricane Sandy


 
This storm forever changed our lives. Hurricane Sandy brought horrific reality to New York. I could see with my own eyes the nature’s devastating power. I thought that NYC was immune to dangers like this.

Whether you were affected directly by Hurricane Sandy, or just fitness what is going on in New York, the devastating event has caused many of us to feel way more fragile.
For some New Yorkers live is slowly and gradually returning to normalcy, but for many it is going to take much longer. While times are extremely tough for those who still have no power, heat and water, there are many examples that Hurricane Sandy brought out the best in us.
It appears that at a moment of extreme polarization, Mother Nature brought us together and the we're-all-in-this-together spirit is being felt everywhere.
Strange thing happened to me. While staying home and sitting through Hurricane Sandy I ended up with eating even when I was not really hungry. I am surprised by my response to the storm.



7 comments:

  1. Today is November 20, 2012. There are families that still have no power in Ling Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I was less concerned with electricity and I was more concerned with people getting their fundamental needs met. People can go without electricity infinitely, they cannot go without food or water and shelter for very long at all.

      Delete
  2. It is scary, but it impresses me that there were so many people who pitched in to clean up and get the city up and running again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is definitely a great example of mankind's ability to put aside its differences in the face of danger. Neighbors gathering together to help out each other and make sure everyone gets through this tragedy. It is rather heartwarming to say the least.

      Delete
  3. Some New Yorkers received two electricity bills after being forced to leave their homes during hurricane and power blackout

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad everything worked out for you and that you made it out of the hurricane allright. When people are are under stressful circumstances it's fairly common for them to start to overeat. It's the body's natural response to stress. When we are overtly stressed in a situation outside of our control, we tried to compensate for the extra expenditure of energy by replacing it, through consumption. I'm sure as soon as you got the all clear about the hurricane, the desire to overeat subsided.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is and dangerous seen. I'm always don't like to watch these stuff. I don't know why?

    ReplyDelete