Monday, December 23, 2013

Chocolate - once I start, I can’t stop eating

I have a healthy relationship with food and I most of the times I eat healthy.

Healthy eating led me to the 91-pound weight loss and it continues to help with maintaining my current weight.  

Avoiding sugar is an important part of my eating strategy. Apples, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries are the only foods I eat that contain sugar.

Well, most of the time. I consequently avoid sugar except during holidays and special occasions.

I have to admit that I, experienced and successful dieter, struggle with chocolate. I therefore don't buy it or keep any in the house anymore. Except holidays.
Chocolate does something to my brain and just makes me want more and more. I have no control once I start. I can't just eat a piece of a chocolate bar and be done.

Despite what reason and intelligence tells me to do, I am unable to stop. When I start keep stuffing myself with chocolate to the point of discomfort.
What food can't you stop eating once you start?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I've done this many times but who doesn't like chocolate? That's why always when I am tempted at the grocery store I prefer to grab dark chocolate :) it's less milk or no milk which means less fat:) other food that I can not pull out of my mouth is orange! I eat so much fruit that I can't breath at the end! At least is healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. throughout my life I'm trying to keep normal weight and watch what I eat but I also have things that I love to have a bite sometimes. One of those things is chocolate and cakes. I absolutely adore to eat cakes sometimes and it's hard to resist. Or stop...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate has hundreds of chemicals, and some work on the brain. The darker chocolate is, often the less fat and sugar it has. Plus, dark chocolate usually is least processed. That means it has the most antioxidant-like flavonoids, which may help lower blood pressure and cholesterol. The higher the percentage of cocoa, typically the more flavonoids the chocolate has. But don't eat lots of chocolate in hopes of better health. A serving size is about the same as a package of dental floss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. I like dark chocolate with almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am absolutely addicted to chocolate. part of the reason i gained weight was that i would go buy a bag of dove chocolate and eat the whole thing in about two days, lol. i'm going to let myself have some really good dark chocolate on valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete