Monday, September 17, 2012

This way of eating helped me lose weight quickly


I eat fresh non-starchy vegetables, fresh low-sugar fruits and lean protein. My proteins are lean turkey breast, grilled chicken breast and fish. I also eat a slice of whole grain bread.

I drink a lot of tea and water. I also take Omega-3 to make sure I have enough of so badly needed healthy fats. I totally eliminated foods that have empty calories and those that are filled with unhealthy fats, sugar and artificial ingredients.

This way of eating helped me lose weight quickly. It also provided my body with the right amount of fuel, nutrients and minerals it needs. It gave my body the perfect jump-start. It provided rapid weight loss at the start, so I had the incentive to keep going. It gave me a powerful mental boost.    
When I saw the numbers on the scale going down every single day, I got excited and wanted to stick with my method. Fast results kept me motivated. The more weight I lost, the more I realized how doable and relatively “easy” it was.

What does it feel like?
I feel great. Have lots of energy. I keep losing weight without exercise, calorie counting, and most importantly, without being hungry. I not only eat food that caused me to lose weight, but it is also healthy. My important health-related numbers (cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar) went down and are good now.

No single formula for weight loss can work perfectly for every person. But when you adopt a diet that consists primarily of fresh vegetables, fruits, lean protein and whole grains, you will be amazed how easily and “effortlessly” you will lose weight.
I have been eating this way for two years. Lost 91 pounds and managed to maintain it.

7 comments:

  1. The greatest thing about having the weight off is the increase in energy. My body was able to get around so much easier when there was less to move around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avoid any carbohydrate that is — or can be — white. The following foods are thus prohibited,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful blog in facilitating real long lasting change for a healthier lifestyle. This is especially effective. Thank you for your message and congratulations on your weight loss success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Eating healthy is the only way for you to successfully lose weight and maintain that weight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the post too. Though, I wish these pictures would show the person's face. When I exercise, you can see the weight loss results in my face first. I prefer it that way, though when I gain weight, that's where the weight goes first. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people who are dedicated to a complete lifestyle change will often see significant weight loss but it is very hard to be that dedicated. I had a similar experience and lost a lot of weight with a majority in the first two months. I didn't even consider it to be "un healthy" in fact I am now much healthier and had my diabetes under control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the type of diet you followed is an excellent choice. It is also very helpful to know the difference (as you seen to) between low and high sugar fruits, and low and high starch vegetables. I know of people who have had every success with weight loss eating this way, and it is natural and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete