Monday, May 25, 2015

It is not that easy

Well, weight loss is not easy. 

First it took me a while to start doing something about my surprising weight gain. I kept delaying action time, because I “knew” that I would be easy. I lost 91 pounds before, so I thought I would lose the recently gained 20 pounds as soon as I start my efforts. 

And, as expected, when I stopped allowing myself to relax healthy eating on week-ends and was strong while watching TV in the evenings (no unhealthy snacks), the weight started to come down. I got to 180 pounds relatively quickly. Losing 10 pounds felt good. It confirmed that when I made efforts I lost weight. 

Something else also happened. Since I was successful again, I did not keep going to get to my healthy weight of 170 pounds.  I relaxed my eating and I stayed at the 180-182 level. My arrogant thinking that “I can lose weight easily any time I want” prevailed and I am remaining at the 180 pounds point. 

I am weak.

7 comments:

  1. You are not weak. You are human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it is not easy, but you know what? Anything worth doing is worth the work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it is not easy, we are human. But try to motivate your safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't forget that the older you get the hard it is to lose weight because everything runs a little slower. If you lost 100 pounds when you were 20, you will have to work 25% harder when you are in your 30's for the same results. This is why we have to remain active. Our bodies are designed for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A horrible thing about weight loss that makes it especially hard is that you don't always think it will be hard. So many people get this crazy rapid weight loss, either because they were lucky, did it in an unhealthy way, or had more opportunity to eat better/exercise more. This is not the common reality, though. Weight loss is difficult, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just like everything, weight loss is hard work.

    ReplyDelete