Sunday, August 30, 2015

Vacation is a time to relax and enjoy life

Vacation offers free-time to spend with family and loved ones, and gives us an opportunity to engage in enjoyable activities. Vacation provides an unparalleled bonding experience.   

Sharing new and exciting experiences with my family connects me in a way that few other events allow.  The activities and the meals are moments that I will always cherish. 

I realized that since day one of my vacation, I do not comply with some of the healthy lifestyle rules I encourage others to follow.  While in some situations I have limited choices or no healthy alternatives at all, there are also situations that I do have a choice but I choose poorly.

For the last several days I don’t use all tools and routines that had led me to weight loss, and later to effective maintenance of healthy weight. I don’t do much of the planning of where (what) I will eat. I also skip some of the healthy routines that work so well for me when I am home or at work.
My justification is that a few days of less than full compliance with healthy eating is not going to be a big deal. Plus, I am on vacation and vacation is a time to relax and enjoy life. Pretty hypocritical, isn’t it?

It will all end and go back to norm after the second week is over, but it struck me how easy it is for me just to ignore my unhealthy imperfections.

7 comments:

  1. Vacations bring lots of opportunities for eating and drinking. Even the most disciplined among us can struggle to keep on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacation should be relaxing but do more than lie on the beach and drink all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, don’t sweat and enjoy your vacation. Don’t worry about the diet. You are on vacation. Also, you’ll enjoy your vacation a lot more if you turn your cell phone off and resist the urge to check your e-mail several times per day. I’ve done that myself, and it is definitely a healthy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vacations are amazing. Live it up. We all need it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this. It is easy indeed to fall into unhealthy ways. The more difficult it is if you never had any practice of self-discipline of some sort. In my case, holidays are the killers. You can't say no especially to your annoying relatives so as not to be rude. In your case, it's something you could do for you know your limitations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I eat the best food when I am on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, I hope you're not beating up on yourself for enjoying some delicious food on your vacation. We shouldn't have to eat grasshoppers the rest of our lives. Good for you for having some fun and getting back on the wagon when you're home. Good role model! :)

    ReplyDelete