Thursday, October 1, 2015

Power of planning

Planning is what makes eating real, healthy food possible. Take 15 minutes to plan for a successful healthy week ahead. Use this time to plan what and where you will eat next week.

Also, plan your grocery trip by making your grocery list. Make a list every time you go to the grocery store. Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. If you do you will be more likely to make impulse purchases.

Always keep a stash of healthy food at home and healthy snacks at work. It will make it easier to make healthy choices, and it will prevent you from going too long without eating.

Thinking ahead, planning what and where you will eat as meals, and grocery shopping based on the Eat like Me approach are the keys to healthy eating and losing weight. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I just read your website pretty thoroughly and I'm really impressed with the simplicity of the plan. (And I'm also REALLY impressed that you're not hyping some $15 shake or ridiculous exercise tool. LOL)

    I think that the weekly planning will be really easy, given the simple choices. I am no cook, so a lot of complicated recipes don't work for me. I'm looking forward to reading and learning a lot more.

    Thanks a lot for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife is always on me about my weight. I don't think it's too hard to lose it, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet, ha-ha.

    Anyway, I like the plan. I think it's no nonsense and looks very simple to do. I'll be giving this some serious thought.

    Appreciate your putting it out there for review.

    Willy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great plan! No matter what activity you're interested in the most, whether it's losing weight, going fishing, or building a fortune, you have to have a plan that's appropriate for whatever you want to do.

    Losing weight is easy. We all know the simple formula: eat fewer calories than you burn. That's it and there's no mystery to it. The way you're doing it is really simple - you just lay out a plan you know you can stick to for a long period of time, and you look at the scale on a regular basis so you have a chance to celebrate your victories every day. What could be easier!?

    I love what you're doing with this blog.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a point with this planning. It does help.

    ReplyDelete