Thursday, October 8, 2015

Weigh yourself on a digital scale daily

Your scale can be a top tool in losing weight. Use the number on the scale as a guide to decide whether you should keep doing what you are doing or make some changes.

Weighing yourself more often could mean losing more pounds. According to the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics people who step on the scale daily lose about three times as much weight as those who do so less often.

When I saw the numbers on the scale going down every single day, I got excited and wanted to stick with my method. Fast results kept me motivated. The more weight I lost, the more I realized how doable and relatively easy it was, and the more I wanted to share it with others.

Invest in a digital scale, weigh yourself on a scale daily and track the results.  It’s usually best to weigh yourself the first thing in the morning, after getting out of bed. Weighing yourself every day keeps the focus on how quickly you are losing weight.

9 comments:

  1. Ha-ha!! I have always heard the opposite of what you're saying. I've heard that it's better for people not to weigh at all, the logic being that they know if they're losing weight or not, and also that there are some people who get too paranoid based on the scale going up and down. Literally, I've heard of people weighing in every day and because they didn't lose for a few days, or even gained a pound or two (which is normal - our bodies go up and down), they wold totally blow off their diets and go eat some comfort food!

    I think it's terrible the way people obsess over their weight, but I like your approach because it doesn't seem obsessive. It's fairly rapid, but doesn't seem too radical and it's based on scientific evidence of the kind of nutrition you require.

    I've never had to worry about weight much, but I see people who do, and they totally go from one extreme to the other, starving one month and binge eating the next!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes a lot of sense to me. How do you know you're losing if you're not weighing yourself?

    I think it's unrealistic to think you're going to drop two sizes overnight just because you're dieting. In fact, I think it's a good learning experience for people to weigh often and actually learn how your body responds to different ways of eating.

    In a way, it's like budgeting. When you first start saving, it's not going to make a huge difference overnight. What you're really doing is creating a habit - hopefully a long-term one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure this is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyday is too often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stepping on the scale every single morning is a big part of why I lost the weight and haven’t gained it back! I can see how my weight changes each day, and it keeps me in check. Plus, it’s easier to hold back and not overindulge when I know I have to get on the scale tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daily weighing is an extremely valuable habit to build. Many studies show a very strong relationship between daily weighing and weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, I like to weigh myself every Sunday every week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Instead of a scale, use a pair of jeans or a little black dress as a measure of how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stepping on an accurate bathroom scale can help you track your progress and meet your goals.Make it part of your morning ritual.

    ReplyDelete