Sunday, September 26, 2021

Better understanding of ourselves

Human nature is a fascinating concept. 

I was always interested in all aspects of personality and social interaction, exploring the influence of interpersonal and group relationships on human behavior. 

I thought that learning that will make me a more effective person. 

Once we realize why we and others behave in certain ways - whether alone or in group settings - it becomes much easier to avoid stressful situations, reduce anxiety, make better decisions, and live a more fulfilled life. 

The way we perceive ourselves in relation to the rest of the world influences our behaviors and our beliefs. The opinions of others also affect our behavior and how we view ourselves. That is why our behaviors and decision-making tend to be different when we are in a group versus when we are alone. 

From the way we think to the way we behave; the mind is a powerful yet delicate tool. It must be nurtured in the same way we take care of our bodies. 

Gaining a greater understanding of human behavior and mental process will ultimately lead to better understanding of ourselves

5 comments:

  1. I read you blog because I need to lose weight, but this post got me thinking, to I post my few cents here.
    Having a deep understanding of ourselves is vital for everything we do. It’s vital for our well-being. It’s vital for building close, sincere relationships. It’s vital for creating a meaningful, fulfilling, satisfying life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will help you see things from a different perspective and will also help you learn to believe in yourself enough to know you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often the reason we struggle with others is that we haven't taken the time to understand ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better understanding of ourselves is something that I feel should be taught at school, for example in a form of a psychology course-ish subject. I feel like it's particularly young people who are lost in our modern society, thinking that they need to be a part of a crowd to exist. Because they don't really understand themselves well and therefore, their indviduality is often lost, they end up not listening to their inner voice. It's a shame really, because that inner voice helps us a lot - to choose things we like, to decide what we don't like, to be assertive and self-confident, to choose people we like. Always take care of that inner voice of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to think psychology wasn't useful but behavioral therapy has helped me a lot over the last three years. If you haven't done some introspection, you could be missing out on the chance to make whatever changes you feel would help you. I've learned about interacting with people and helping my body cope as I get older.

    ReplyDelete