Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weight Loss Made Simple

To lose weight you need to reduce caloric intake.

Food is the component that largely determines whether we are gaining or losing weight. The key to losing weight is focusing on eating of the foods that promote weight loss.
My basic weight loss logic is: maximum nutrients – minimum calories. I eat a high volume of food, but consumed a low number of calories. Most people, including me, are satisfied by the amount (i.e. volume) food they eat rather than the calories in said food.

During the weight loss process it is necessary to consumer fewer calories than your body needs.
What works for me is supplying my body with all the nutrients it needs while consuming calories in a lower amount that my body requires. The goal is to leave your body deprived of some calories so that it will be forced to go into your fat stores and use some of that stored fat as an additional source of calories. Notice that I am talking about calories here – not nutrients. You never want to deprive your body of nutrients.

This kind of eating does not mean starving yourself.


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, individuals cannot lose weight if they do not control their calorie intake. I believe that the key is finding the ideal balance: avoid high calorie food, while eating products that contain the nutrients that our body needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not be 100% reduction in calories... but it is 85% that. I used to eat about 1000 cals per day and NOT lose weight. Or lose it very slow. People used to tell me I had to be doing it wrong. But knew I wasn't. Finally I found a plan that let me eat 600 calories per day (and due to volume was not hungry) and I finally lost the weight properly. Look if I am eating 600 calories per day (and since the food was measured I know it was that) and I am losing 1 lbs per day... than that is WHAT MY BODY NEEDS. DUH.

    But recently looking back the diet plan that I was on - it eliminated wheat and bread from my diet. This was the first diet I was ever on that did that and now.. on maintenance, eating bread can cause a 2 lbs weight gain in one day. Eliminating it... back to normal.

    This diet plan was filled with nutrients. An amazing multi taken every day and the food itself was filled with protein, potassium, etc. I also took supplements. Everyone thinks there are nutrients in normal food, but what if there isn't? Or what if it is so much less than you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that was a typo -- that should have been "Look if I am eating 600 calories per day (and since the food was measured I know it was that) and I am losing 1 lbs per WEEK... than that is WHAT MY BODY NEEDS. DUH."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great for a first read on weight loss but I didn't learn anything new here. Let me save you some money...Eat less, exercise more. There, millions of dollars worth of advice in those simple words from me!

    ReplyDelete