Saturday, April 27, 2013

My healthy choice last night


Eating healthy while eating out is a big challenge for me. Last night I at the restaurant where people were eating steaks or hamburgers. It was difficult, but I was strong and ordered grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing. The waiter didn’t even try to hide his reaction, after I requested no cheese and no croutons in the salad, but it didn’t matter to me.
I was trying to be consistent with healthy choices and managed to do so last night, but it is difficult. When you're trying to lose weight, dining out too often can make it difficult to stay on track. Restaurant meals are often full of empty calories that can quickly steer a weight loss plan off course. Here is the picture of my success.

 
 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. I am going out with friends this week-end and I’m sure I will face similar situation. I don’t know if I will be as strong as you were. It’s very hard to say “no”, when you are at the restaurant, the place where people go with intent to say “yes” to delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have this problem, don’t go out. But if you do, don’t make any comments about diet or healthy food. When people go out they want to have good time and don’t want to hear this BS. To me it makes no sense to go to steak house and order salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy eating is a complex topic that means a lot of things to different people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to select a healthy diet without fat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be careful not to load salads with a heap of junk. High-calorie dressings and cheese can make a salad the most UNHEALTHY part of the meal. Yikes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks so good! It's the little things like cheese and croutons that will get you in the end so it's good to be able to avoid them whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete