Friday, May 24, 2013

It is never too late to reevaluate and change your lifestyle

Heart disease is the number one killer in the world, affecting more than six million people each year. heart disease has  developed into a lethal epidemic and the problem is set to continue since many people have unhealthy lifestyles. Expert agree that eating properly is one of the best ways to combat this.

Yet heart disease is potentially avoidable and preventable.

If you want to beat heart disease, rethinking your lifestyle can help reduce many of the risk factors of heart disease such high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking and being overweight.

If you already have heart disease, it's never too late to reevaluate your lifestyle, and there is overwhelming evidence that changing your eating habits can save your life.

I changed what I eat and it worked for me. For two years I have been eating healthy and I lost weight, lowered my cholesterol, and lowered blood pressure. I lowered blood pressure so much that I was able to discontinue blood pressure medication entirely.

I eat unlimited amount of fresh non-starchy vegetables, lots of fresh low-sugar fruits lean protein (lean turkey breast, skinless chicken breast, fish). whole grain bread, and healthy fats (daily Omega 3 supplement daily). I also take multivitamin supplement once a day. I drink hot tea (no milk, no sugar) three times a day and lots of water.

No single approach, formula, or plan for weight loss can work perfectly for every person. The eating method I describe below worked for me. I have lost weight, and most importantly, have kept it off.

You may want to look at what worked for me and then adopt it to your unique circumstances, lifestyle, likes and dislikes.

10 comments:

  1. Eating fewer processed foods is a good change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Better late than never. Especially when it comes to your health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have to control and balance our foods first

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the secret for success is to follow a balanced diet and gradually change your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that that changing your eating habits can save your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really inspired me to start again the lost weight journey in a healthy way...glad that I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand what you are saying here. My grandfather has (COPD I believe that is what it is called) and he is at that point where he feels he does not want to change his lifestyle at 70 to lose weight and live happy. However, I really wish he would for the better of himself.

    I have seen other older people get out and about and change there lifestyle and it gives them a new life of happiness. It is really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always pay attention to the saturated fat and trans fat content. It always seems to help. And look at the sodium and sugars too. You'll be surprised how many "natural" products are loaded with the bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I AGREE that it's never too late. My best friend is a bit on the heavier side, but I want to show her it's not impossible to be healthy when you want to be. I think she's gorgeous at any size, but I want her to be happy... now that's up to her! - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. It isn't too late but that's the mindset that many of us have. If only I had started working out regularly like I wanted to years ago or if only I had cut back on sweets or soda sooner is what runs through our minds. It's not too late to do that now and then look back in five years and see the progress that you have made.

    ReplyDelete