Monday, October 3, 2016

Smart food buying habits

We have the power of choice to decide which foods to buy at the grocery store. The key to success is planning ahead. 

Planning ahead can improve your food choices. Healthy decisions start at home. 

Start by streamlining your food shopping to one or two days each week. Fewer trips to supermarket mean fewer opportunities to buy the wrong types of food.

I do it once a week on weekend when I am not hungry or rushed for time. I plan what food I need to buy and stick to my shopping list. By taking the hurry and unpredictability out of food shopping I buy and stock up foods that are building block for healthy meals. 

Healthy choices can make a healthy you.

3 comments:

  1. I do exactly the same as you. I used to scour the aisles enticed by the bargain offers but I decided to plan in order to make healthy choices AND save money. I go to the shop on the weekend with a meal plan for the week and only buy whats on the list. Good luck with your weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go grocery shopping one every one or two weeks. I have been going more frequently because I have been eating more fresh fruits and vegetables. I always go to the produce section first to limit the junk that I get lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good idea keep up the good work.Good luck

    ReplyDelete