Saturday, December 20, 2014

Why did I eat that way today?

Today I drove several hours (each way) to pick up my daughter from college and bring her home for the Christmas break. Unfortunately I used travelling as an excuse and did not stick to the Eat like Me healthy eating. 

I had pizza on the way there and pizza again while coming back. I even supplemented just eaten pizza with almonds in dark chocolate when buying coffee at Starbucks. Used my usual excuse that almonds and dark chocolate are good for heart.

I prepared myself for the trip and took apples to the car to avoid hunger, but ended up with eating only two of them. I am back home now and trying to find the answer to the WHY question. Why did I eat that way today? I think the honest answer is my arrogance. 

The arrogance that I “can afford” to have one bad day because I know how to lose weight, and the next few days will bring me back to where I should be. Unfortunately I use this rationale more often than I should. 

Just two weeks ago I wrote a post about challenges during travel. What’s wrong with me? I knew I would regret eating poorly later but I did it anyway.

6 comments:

  1. You did it because you are weak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't feel guilty for doing it though. If you're at a good weight and have been doing quite good, it's alright to have a cheat day. I'm fit, and I have a couple cheat days a month, doesn't hurt me one bit. The pizza is a bit excessive because one pizza would have been enough for me, but I can understand. Plus boredom does cause some problems while on the road, so I can see why you got pizza.

    But to be honest, you shouldn't feel guilty. As long as you're back on track, eating healthy again, you should be okay. Yes eating that much pizza can be bad, but it doesn't make you lose track of your weight loss at all. I use cheat days because it's a reward. I can eat the old junk for just one day and that's it. Then I go back to eating healthy the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, we all make mistakes in our weight loss, but we grow from said mistakes. Yes you failed yourself, but I've failed myself many times when it came to my weight loss. Anyways, it all comes down to wanting to lose the weight.

    I understand though, you were on a long drive to pick up your daughter from college. I've been on those types of long rides and they're not fun, so when boredom sets in, most of the time we're going to want something to fill that gap. So fatty foods have been there for that.

    Of course, the best thing to do is eat those apples or go to a restaurant that sells healthy food. That's a far better alternative I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been there, done that, many times in my life. On Christmas I let myself go. Had Christmas dinner like usual, but I ended up getting a pizza from a pizza place down the street. I felt gross, but it happens. We fall off track sometimes, and it's okay once in a while, just don't let it be a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure habit. Societal influence and maybe your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You shouldn't feel guilty. we all make mistakes in our weight loss, but we learn from those mistakes and come out stronger.

    ReplyDelete