Friday, August 3, 2012

Read interesting article on Yahoo



Read interesting article on Yahoo.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/diet-exercise-better-losing-weight-164900774.html

My comment:

I believe that the role of exercise in weight loss has been wildly overstated. Exercise isn't necessarily helping us lose weight and weight loss can be achieved without exercise. Understanding this fact will help many people who try to lose excess weight so they can concentrate their efforts on what really works (changing what and how we eat). I am a walking example.

3 comments:

  1. I agree %100! Changing the way we eat can help us to lose weight. In addition, healthy eating can also enable us to prevent a number of diseases, from diabetes to cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true, my housband no excersice really, but both, him and me have a helaty diet, and we are in shape, anyway I am excerciciong and he is about to star to excercing too, just becuse is funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't exercise until after I had lost all the weight. I lost 55 lbs... no (or little) exercise. My plan made me do 2000 calories per week. It was so freaking easy to just lie to them. Duh and they used to congratulate me on it... some weeks I lost so much more than the people who said they did 5000 calories of exercise. I would snicker under my breath.

    I joined the gym at the end of the plan.. for one reason -- ME. I want to be strong, I want to have fun. I go to the gym now because I want to. That is my one rule. I do exactly as much exercise as I feel like doing, and that is it. I ignore the calorie counter on the machine.

    ReplyDelete